Monday, December 8, 2008

Sabbath recipe - Challah

From Marilyn, Shelbyville, KY

Over the years, I've come across recipes for Challah that I've adapted into my personal favorites.

One tip I received from a lovely Jewish acquaintence was to use the food processor to mix and knead the ingredients! Sore joints really have enjoyed that help, tho when I can, I still prefer to use my hands!

One recipe I found somewhere is for a whole-wheat with honey version, and it's delicious. That same whole-wheat/honey version was created to be made by children in a zip-lock baggie, tossed back and forth to help knead it! That must be a fun way to get children interested!

I've made Challahs from two recipes (white and whole-wheat/honey), then made the braids this way; one from white flour version, one from the whole-wheat/honey version, and blended the two together for the third braid... reminded me of Eph 2, so I call it the "One New Man" Challah!

From Marilyn, Shelbyville, KY

No comments:

Post a Comment